To import stamps into Busy Bee Stamp Collector you must have your stamps in a .csv file with the correct file headings. CSV files can be created/used in Spreadsheet programs (e.g. Microsoft Excel). You can download a sample CSV file with the correct headings here.
The fields do not have to be in any specific order, and the import will ignore any extra fields that do not match Busy Bee Stamp Collector fields.
After a successful import, your stamps will display on the main Stamp List. If there are any errors, these will pop up on the screen during the import process.A few notes on specific fields:
- The ‘Purchase Date’ field must be in the format MM/DD/YYYY
- The ‘Watermark’ and ‘Want List’ fields must be either Y (or Yes) or N (or No).
- The following fields should be numeric only: Year, Valuation, Number Issued, Purchase Price, Quantity.
- You must ensure that there are no commas (“,”) anywhere in your text as this will create an extra column! (A CSV file means Comma Separated Variables, thus commas are used to separate out the columns).
- If you export your stamps from Busy Bee Stamp Collector, then want to re-import them, you must first open the .CSV file in a spreadsheet program (such as Excel), make your modifications, then save the file again (in CSV format) before you can import. Please also note that if you are re-importing your collection you will need to delete them from Busy Bee Stamp Collector first.